Beef Stroganoff is a traditional Russian meal from the mid-1800s. A classic dish made only from slices of cooked beef (with a mushroom and sour cream sauce), that has been around the ages and transported all over the world. Full of flavors, traditions and with lots of variations from the original recipe. Meat for the dish can be cut in different ways (diced, cubed, cut into strips). Some variations include mushrooms and onions others vegetables and varied seasonings (sugar, salt, pepper). The first recipe for beef stroganoff appeared in an English language cookbook around 1932, and it did not become very popular until World War II and it entered nomenclature cuisine as the Russian dish.
Over the years it became an iconic dish, creating the elegance of the meat. It also can be served with chicken or shrimp, for those who are not a big fan of the beef. The ultimate comfort meal that put smiles on everyone faces, delights divided taste and imagination.
Gluten-free homemade Beef Stroganoff
Homemade beef stroganoff gluten-free healthy with protein recipe is made from fresh ingredients you have in hand, that gives you the best flavor and tenderness, delicious to everyone who loves meals that come together quickly. Perfect for rainy, cool fall days with a glass of your favorite drink after a long hard-working day. Of course, if you have picky eaters you can mushrooms and onions chop finely or you can use mushroom powder instead. It's quick, simple, delicious comfort meal and easy to make it.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Servings: serves 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-pound boneless high-quality beef steak
- 2 medium size brown onions
- 1\2 teaspoon paprika
- 1\4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon gluten-free flour
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1-pound brown mushrooms
- 1-pound baby Bella mushrooms
1. Slice beef into thin strips. Marinate steak pieces with salt, pepper, and bay leave in soy sauce and leave it in a fridge at least for 10 minutes if you don't have more time.
2. Put the nonstick pan over to the stove on high heat, pour oil. Put on the beef and cook until browned on all sides (about 6-8 minutes). Once the meat is nicely brown (no longer pink) pull it off with a spatula and transfer to a plate, leave it to rest.
3. Turn down heat to the medium, if needed pour more olive oil (also you can do it with butter). Add chopped onions and garlic. Cook for about 1 minute, then add all sliced mushrooms and cook until all become fragrant.
4. Sprinkle paprika and gluten-free flour over the onion and mushroom mixture and cook more for about a minute, slowly stirring until become smooth.
5. Remove the pot from the heat and mix with cooked beef.
You can serve beef stroganoff with over gluten-free noodles, pasta or even rice. It depends on which product you prefer more.
When you have a beef stroganoff, you can eat it with vegetables, for example with small cherry shape tomatoes, or with cucumber. To make dinner fancier you can try it with oven – roasted asparagus. Crunchy on the outside and juicy on the inside. They will add more texture to the dish. Serve beef stroganoff with a glass of Merlot or if you prefer non-alcoholic beverages - homemade lemonade (orange, lime) with ice. The most important part is enjoying good food with a good company. What is your favorite way to eat beef stroganoff?